Friday, October 26, 2007

Oakland Raiders retroactively fine Randy Moss

Ok so not really, but they might think of doing it now. We don't normally cover tennis here at TSP but this story was too good to pass up. Nikolay Davydenko, already at the center of a betting investigation, was fined $2,000 for lack of effort a loss at the St. Petersburg Open. The story goes on to say that "Davydenko couldn't believe he was asked about his level of effort" and "I was simply shocked to hear him say that. This is just outrageous. How does he know what I was trying to do? I was so upset with the whole thing I started crying." A male athlete crying over a judge/ref/umpire's decision? Fantastic. Did The Big Fundamental Tim Duncan start to cry when Joey Crawford ejected him for laughing? I think the lesson here is parents, don't let your kids grow up to be tennis players.

0 comments: